Iowa State University will be hosting the bi-annual National Urban Extension Conference in Des Moines at the Marriott of Des Moines on May 2-5, 2011.
The conference theme is: The New Extension Commons: Connecting People and Programs
The conference is targeted to Cooperative Extension staff who works in urban/suburban communities throughout the United States.
- Build strategic collaborative partnerships.
- Identify strategies to enhance resource base for urban programming.
- Capture best practices of Urban Extension.
- Explore emerging issues.
- Advance personal skill sets.
- Build cultural competency skills and celebrate diverse cultural communities.
- Market the public value of Extension.
This year's conference represents an opportunity to share the experiences in reaching new and diverse audiences in and around urban communities.
Extension staff from across the nation will discover and explore cutting-edge programming and urban policies and trends that impact the communities where Extension offices are located. The conference will attract extension professional from all aspects of Extension and the university system.